Friday, May 27, 2016

1. I really liked the concept of love maps and reading about them has reminded me of some of the better aspects of my marriage. I think one of the challenges of maintaining love maps over time are the things in life that distract couples from each other like babies and young children, demanding careers that keep one or the other away from home and family, and  one or the other spending inordinate amounts of time pursuing hobbies/interests without their spouse. 
 
2.  Over the past few days as I  have made an effort to think of the things I love about my husband, I feel like our relationship is improving.  I have been making a mental list of things I love about my husband and I have found that my list goes on and on.  This week, I am finding my husband's jokes funnier, his sweet little gestures seem sweeter, and he isn't getting on my nerves as much. 
 
3.  I loved this quote from Elder Maxwell!  I think that he is saying that the people around us provide our trials and tribulations and God gives us the people and relationships around us to provide us with adversity and trial so that we can overcome. 
 
4.  One of the sacrifices that I have made willingly for my husband was to move out of state for him to pursue his career.  Before the move, I was eager and very supportive, but there are times I just miss my family. We moved to a really hot area too and sometimes I just miss the colder climates. It gets lonely staying at home and caring for our little ones at times, especially not knowing very many people. I noticed that when I can get out of the house, I complain less and feel less resentment.
5. As I think about and ponder ways to apply these principles I am getting feelings and impressions that I need to stop waiting for reciprocity from my husband and just give willingly and openly. Sometimes, marriage is give and take, but it needs to be mostly give. 
 
6.  I think that this teaching that the course of life that we pursue is in accordance to the will of God goes hand in hand with the need to submit to the challenges and struggles that are placed in our lives usually by the people in our lives.  We have to submit to the will of the father and offer up our own desires and our own plans as a sacrifice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment