Friday, July 15, 2016

Family and Finances

My husband and I talked about the feelings we felt when we first met each other’s parents. I told him I was very nervous and that I hoped they liked me. I knew I was very shy and I didn’t want them to see that the wrong way and think that I didn’t like them because I was shy. They also have such a close family, and my family has had many struggles, that I was afraid they wouldn't think I was good enough for their son. However after meeting them I really loved them. After being married for a few years we ended up moving to my husbands home town which was away from my family and right around the corner from his. That created more problems with my relationship with my mom. She would get really upset and feel like she had to compete and I felt it put me in such a weird position. Things have gotten better, but it can still be hard at times.
                  We also talked about our financial responsibilities and what happened when we first got married to change our financial opportunities. We talked about the first time when we very first got married and all the financials were kind of a mess. It was funny now that we look back and I’m glad we had that experience to make us stronger. My husband had many different family rules than I did but we are getting along great. We have resolved any money issues we might have had and we talk about all of our financial responsibilities now.
                  I think that these issues can be resolved very well if we approach them early. That is why I think that the first year in marriage is the most important. It is the year that will change both of your lives forever. My husband and I made promises that we would not go back to our old ways and always strive to move forward and talk about the struggles that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment